Monday, June 23, 2008

First Day Back to School

The new branch is finally licensed to open and its back to school again for little Nicholas. Eager and excited, he couldn't even wait for me to finish my breakfast and kept tucking my shirt to leave the house.

On the way there, (we walked over as the centre is just across the road) he greeted everyone with a "Hi!" and waved his tiny little hand. And I really mean EVERYONE! He greeted the aunty and uncle that swept the floor, the foreigner that was waiting for cab and the big jiejie that came down from the bus! Everyone was surprised by his reaction and "hi" back to him. Its really some kinda ice-breaker ; P

As today is the first day this new branch operates, the teachers are trying to adjust everyone into the timetable. Think they did fine and I'm glad to see the teachers are giving my boy a lot of attention. They tried all sorts of way to encourage him to paint. When he refused to paint with his fingers, the teacher get a brush for him.

The boys in the centre all seems to have this "You go ahead and dirty your hand. I ok just standing here watching" attitude. The teacher was trying to get the children to feel the flour and later the watery dough, little Nicholas tried the first part but once the teacher pour the water in, he just refused to put his tiny hand in and feel. All the girls were enjoying the "feel"!

Wonder what is teacher doing with the flour??

He was encouraged to touch the flour to feel the softness...


Outdoor play is by far his favourite. And I don't think my boy will ever be bullied by anyone..one N2 boy tried to squeeze into his little car and he kept saying "No! No! No!" till I think he got quite fed up and said "Stop It!" The teacher and I couldn't help laughing at his "cuteness".


Click to play outdoor play

Giving a try at bubble blowing...

After that, its back to indoor for lunch. He was taught where to place his dirty dishes too. Mommy complaint about the extreme saltiness of the anchovy and the aunty agrees and said this is the first time she bought this prepacked one and she will look for others.

By noon, he is comfortable enough to play with me out of sight for 5 minutes. When he realise I am not with him, he just look around and shouted "Mommy!" and came running to me with a hug and smile. Not so bad, I guessed.

When going home time, he even ok to hug and wave goodbye to his teacher. I really hope he will settle in fast this round.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow school sure looks fun :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah this time, Nicholas definitely looked more engross with the activities...I think he's gonna fit in real soon with Mommy dearest out of sight....

hey girl, this school is truly great with the things that they do....good choice!

A gift from God said...

Looks really fun...wish I can go back to school...haha no worries just fun fun fun

Baby Darren said...

I'm sure he had a good time in school. Glad that you've found the right play school for him and it is a new somemore.

Anonymous said...

(hey girl, got an award for you over at my site, go claim it.)

Blessed mum said...

Hi All - Thank you so much for the assurance. I do hope he can settle in fast without much crying this time round...

Hi Angeline - Thank you so much for the award! Its my first! Thank you my blogging friend!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs