Sunday, March 16, 2008

Toilet Training

Alright, I know I'm a little late in toilet training him as compared to his 2 sisters who were already not wearing any diapers when they were 14 months old, but I'm too occupied with the 2 princess and works so, sorry my prince for delaying the toilet training till now.

To start with, I put him on his potty in the morning when he wakes up and also after every afternoon nap and tell him "sh sh". Initially, he is quite resistance of the potty and refused to sit on it. But I just make it sit on it until he pee. The first 3 days was a struggle but soon he understands how the whole things work and started to be very co-operative.

For the first 3 days, I had to set an alarm to remind me to bring him to the potty. After the third day, I began to ask him if he wants to "sh sh" (urinate) and if he doesn't wants to, he will shake his head. If he wants, he will say "hm".

My maid finds the whole thing very amusing as she kept hearing me asking "do you want to go sh sh?" the whole day...

Since he seems to understand what I trying to do with him, I taught him to tell me when he needs to move his bowel.

He now able to tell me when he needs by saying "pu put". He looks so cute when he say this and each time he said it, I can resist myself from giving him a kiss. Guessed he likes the attention and sometimes he will say "pu put" just to trick me and get the attention. : )

Although he still wet himself when I forgot to ask, he will not missed tell me he wants to "pu put". So I think I can still say I succeeded, right? : P

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs