Sunday, August 3, 2008

Stir-fried bean-sprout with slice fish

Easy and healthy dish. It's a little like the Sang loh Hoy Fun...

Ingredient:

1. Sliced snakehead or any fish of choice

2. Beansprout

3. Spring onion

4. Sliced ginger

Method:

1. Blanch the snakehead in boiling water. Remove and set aside. I usually keep the water to be used as gravy later.

2. Fry ginger in a little oil, add in the beansprout.

3. Add in the spring onion, stir well.

4. Add a little Maggi Seasoning sauce or any soy sauce (just a little for flavour), mixed well.

5. Add the cooked fish, gently tossing to mix well.

6. Add some water from no 1 and cover for a while. We like our beansprout "well-done"so I let in cook a while more.

That's all! Easy and healthy. One of my picky hubby's favourite.

6 comments:

Lee said...

Hello Blessed mom, so nice of you to drop by my place. Hey, I love this bean sprout dish.
We eat bean sprouts almost three times a week...as its a healthy vegetable.

By the way, glad you enjoyed my posting...if you free, nothing better to do, ha ha...take a look at my archives....from beginning...lots of heavy drama experiences and romantic escapades, *wink*, ha ha.
I brought 20 old diaries and note books here, thus I can now bring the experiences to live.

There's a posting, my longest one..19 episodes, took 3 weeks to conclude, about a beautiful matured woman's love for a younger man...me.
Titled, "A Faded letter from the past", d/d 1/4/08.

To me, that was THE most beautiful romance, an unexpected one as I did not even think of dating her, same age as my mom, ha ha.
You stay easy and have a nice day, Lee.

Leona said...

Looks yummy and simple. Definitely will try this recipe soon.
My taugeh dish always is so plain. Never thought of putting fish.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hmmmm.....very delicious. You are making me very hungry :D

Blessed mum said...

U.Lee - thanks! Will pop over to check it out!

leona - hope u like it : )

mommy to chumsy - It makes me too now that I'm away..missing home-cooked food now. : )

sunshine said...

Definitely will give it a try, is a very healthy dish. Btw, what do you call snakehead in mandarin ?

Blessed mum said...

catlover - Thanks. Snakehead in Mandarin is "shang yu". Sorry, my PC got no chinese character..

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs